whisper your name


whisper your name on the things you find be~you~tiful . . .



Recent Posts

May 22, 2012

...a diamond in the rough

~ diamond in the rough ~




i am but a diamond
~ in the rough ~
in this sea of life

constantly being

R-A-V-A-G-E-D
and
s.m.o.o.t.h.e.d.

 by the sands of time




 ~ patience                               
     ~ endurance 
                                        ~ grace      

yes please!
wash over me




as these are traits that i wish to behold

i can only be who i am today
and challenge my own limits

for after all,
i AM my own worst enemy




 just knowing
that my roughened soul
can still be made useful
is enough to spur me on

for that quiet voice within me
whispers gently
...the best is yet to come...




 i sigh with relief
and delight in the thought ~
to be a part of something beautiful...




but today,

i.
         am.
                        still.

just a...




~ the end ~



sharing this musing with
faded charm's: white wednesday


here's to the sands of time!

7 comments:

  1. Fearlessly eh? OK then here goes. I disagree with you. I don't think you're in the rough, I think you are the very sparkle of the diamond! I will tell a bit of a story. In blogland we have some who have affected us in ways we don't realize until we find ourselves "wanting" something we have experienced from them. That happened 2 days ago...I wanted the Ozma feeling in my world. A beautiful white, whimsical, sweet, delicate, spiritually verdant essence that can only come from Ozma of Odds. I listened to some music and I heard something that was the Ozma feeling, to me, and I thought I'd share it with you...I renamed it 'Ozma', Here it is for you, it's Secret Garden's "Evensong" :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il78L5YsDdk&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said, Rosemary. I think this describes all of us. None of us are perfect and are being constantly molded into sparkling gems by the hand of God. ♥ Hugs to you, my gem of a friend!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Your words pierced my heart with a gentle reminder...that we are all Gods diamonds, some still working to sparkle just a bit more, my daily quest. Blessings!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always such an incredible inspiration my friend. I must agree with Lady of the Woods in that, while I appreciate your humility, you are a sparkling diamond of the utmost beauty and it is always a joy to come by to visit. Keep the faith sweet Rosemary, you will be tested, but not defeated.

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful and hopeful words of inspiration, Rosemary. I'm always in for a treat when I visit you here. I guess we are all diamonds in the rough, but you, my dear, especially sparkle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are ALL but diamonds in the rough. Thank goodness the One who made us sees us for the precious gems that we really are. ;)

    Your images and words are so lovely, Rosemary. A truly delightful post. Stop in this week, and see yourself featured at Time Travel Thursday linky party.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Love your new blog header

    ReplyDelete

be kind ~ be graceful ~ be beautiful ~ be you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails